6th Annual National Conference on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCRs)
The 6th Annual National Conference on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCRs) will be taking place on 25th to 26th September at Makerere University under the theme: "Strengthening Access to Justice for Economic Social and Cultural Rights".
- To examine the relationship between access to justice and ESCRs and the international standards that govern this area of human rights law
- To take stock of the access to justice mechanisms available for victims of ESCRs violations and abuses
- To examine the extent to which justice needs of victims of ESCRs violations and abuses have been addressed through the available mechanisms
- To identify and discuss best practices for the ensuring that victims of ESCRs violations and abuses access justice
- To ensure inclusion of ESCRs in the access to justice discourse at the national, regional and international levels
Different stakeholders working on access to justice and ESCRs.